GRM is the Managing Contractor for the Australian Government assistance provided to Timor-Leste via the East Timor Justice Sector Support Facility (ETJSSF) - The Justice Facility
We are seeking four ICT System and Network Support Assistants to work with the Office of Prosecutor General. Each contract is for a six month term. At the completion of this six month contract the positions will be advertised as full time on-going public service positions with the Office of the Prosecutor General. They will be advertised through the Civil Service Commission at that time. Those who have successfully completed this six month contract will be well positioned to obtain these on-going public service positions.
Successful applicants must commence work on Monday 8th February, 2010.
Successful applicants will undergo training in Dili initially for four weeks, and then further training in Boston, USA, for two weeks from 15-30 March. Successful applicants MUST be available to attend all the training or will not be considered for these positions.
Salary level for these positions is equivalent to Grade D (level 4) within the public service of Timor Leste.
Timorese applicants residing in Timor Leste are encouraged to apply
Instructions for Applicants
All applications are screened for compliance upon receipt. Only those applications that comply with all instructions and include a completed Application Cover Sheet (see below) will be forwarded to the staff responsible for technical evaluation.
Please contact Lidia Santos via email on: Lidia.email@example.com or +670 331 2207 if you have any questions.
Please submit with your application by January 25th 2009 to: Lidia.firstname.lastname@example.org or Justice Facility Office Bairro De Villa Verde.
Please provide the following document:
· A completed application coversheet, available below at the last page of this document
· Your curriculum vitae.
Applications can be in English, Portuguese, Tetun and should not contain any additional material. Applications via email are preferred.
A panel will assess applications on the basis of technical merit and availability to complete the training.
Job Title: ICT System and Network Support
Office of the Prosecutor General
Category: Technical – Professional
Grade: D (Level 4)
Directorate: Communication and Technology
Salary: US$_____ per month
Department / Section: Help Desk
Location: Dilli, Office of the Prosecutor General
Status: Temporary – 6 months
Reports to: Manager, Communication and Technology Services OPG and
Senior Management Adviser, Justice Facility, for 6 month contract period.
A. Description of the Functional Content of the Job:
Under the overall supervision of the Manager (Communication and Technology Services) and with the assistance of the ICT System and Network Support Officer, the incumbent is responsible for providing effective assistance from the Help Desk to Users and support to the Network and Systems. That includes support and training to users and other help desk staff on office applications, email, internet, special software setups and problems solving to enable users to utilise their approved technology. The incumbent will also be responsible for the support and management of the network and systems in place, including installation and configuration of servers and also troubleshooting of problems related, ensuring that timely services are provided to the Professional Officers of the service to enable them to complete their objectives.
B. Specific Requirements of the Job:
1. In accordance with established policy, procedure and protocol, respond to user needs and provide support services related to office applications, computer operations, email, intranet, chat system, VOIP system, and special software set ups.
2. Troubleshooting problems for both users and servers, assuring minimal downtime of computers and services that are provided to the users within the prosecution service.
3. Report to the Manager, Communication and Technology Services, any user needs including hardware, software, backup, anti virus, cabling, switches, UPS, IP Phones, servers, desktop, scanners, laptops, routers, firewall, modems, printers, spare parts and consumables.
4. In accordance with established policy, procedure and protocol, attend to software installation and configuration, including routine maintenance and upgrading of user workstations and physical installation, configuration, change and testing of equipments.
5. Assist in the installation, configuration and maintenance of the physical set up of the LAN and WAN, including hardware and software such as Switchs, Wi-fi Access Points and WiMax modems.
6. Assist in the support and troubleshooting of systems such as Web, database, proxy, mail and file servers.
7. Provide maintenance, monitoring and updating of security policies, including anti virus protection software, access control and privacy issues.
8. As directed, provide reports on user audit trails and actions performed on the network.
9. Identify User training needs, and develop or access training to meet these needs. Report through the Manager Communication and Technology Services to the Director Administration and Human Resources on these training needs and programs to meet them.
C. Selection Requirements (aligned to requirements of the Public Service of Timor-Leste):
1. Mandatory Requirements:
a) Be a citizen of Tmor-Leste
b) Be a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 50 years old;
c) Have no history of criminal conduct for which a person could be sentenced to 2 or more years of imprisonment, and not have done anything which could be considered incompatible with the functions to be undertaken in the public administration;
d) Have never been dismissed from a State Institution;
e) Be ready to be placed in any part of the national territory or at an official mission overseas;
f) Be ready to travel within the country and overseas;
g) Be in good health and be physically and mentally able to undertake the function for which he/she is competing.
h) Demonstrated capacity (written and spoken) in one of the official languages (Tetun or Portuguese).
i) Demonstrated written and spoken ability with either Bahasa Indonesa or English to a technical level for Information Technology purposes.
j) Competent in English IT language
Mandatory Qualification Requirements
Bachelor (3 – 4 years or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field from an Institution recognised by the Ministry of Education in Timor Leste.
2. Additional qualifications, skills and experience specific to the position:
a) Minimum 2 years successful experience working in an Information Technology field;
b) Excellent computer skills and a demonstrated desire to keep up to date and continually improve these skills;
c) Demonstrated understanding of the role of a Help Desk and its support function to the users, systems and network in an organisation;
d) Experience on identifying problems and troubleshooting IT equipments, such as workstations, laptops, printers, scanners and switches.
e) Ability to deploy network cabling and to install switches, routers, access points and authorized software.
f) Understanding of desktop and server security, including viruses, access control, and privacy issues and how to enforce them in the workplace.
g) Previous working experience with Linux, Systems Administration and/or Open Source tools will be considered an asset.
h) High Level Interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to tactfully investigate and identify user problems. Ability to understand and translate problems experienced by users into solutions. Ability to explain in simple language to users the requirements on them to prevent future problems.
i) Experience in developing and presenting simple training sessions to users to resolve skill or knowledge needs.
j) Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts that may arise in the workplace;
k) Demonstrated ability to engage with senior management, external clients and service providers and the ability to develop a team approach to the information technology function;
l) Willingness to deliver ongoing on the job training, in Dili and in the Districts. Willingness to travel frequently to the districts.
Appointment will be determined by merit. Where applicants have equal merit, preference will be given to applicants who are:
· Women; and/or
· Aged between 20 and 30 years.
EAST TIMOR (TIMOR-LESTE) JUSTICE SECTOR SUPPORT FACILITY (ETJSSF)
Applications must reach GRM International by 5.00pm on Monday 25th January. Applications may be submitted in English, Portuguese or Tetun. Email: Lidia.email@example.com or Justice Facility Office Barrio De Villa Verde