27 March 2010

Commissioner Monteiro: PNTL will go forward despite its limitations

Diario Nacional, March 26, 2010 language source: Tetun - The Timorese Police Commander, Commissioner Longuinhos Monteiro, has said that the Timorese National Police will go forward although the institution lacks human resources.

Commissioner Monteiro said that the PNTL anniversary that will take place tomorrow is an historical day to the PNTL as it is the first time for the PNTL to mark its celebration with rank promotion.

Monteiro added that there are many cases registered within the PNTL institution when he become the PNTL commander but he said he is capable of resolving some cases and to date there are 280 of cases are in the process.

“There are many cases been registered and 280 of them are in the process,” Monteiro said.

He also confirmed that the total numbers of the PNTL officers are 3.177 but only more than 3.000 officers are working effectively at this time because some officers had been sacked and therefore they will recruit new officers in the near future due to the number of populations is continuing increase.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...