30 January 2011

More than 60 families evacuate to Humand Rights and Justice Ombudsman office building

Radio Timor-Leste, January 26, 2011 language source: Tetun - More than 60 families who were residing in the former Indonesian Brimob housing estate have evacuated to the office building of the Human Rights and Justice Ombudsman (PDHJ) after the police expelled them from their houses.

Some of them quarreled with the Director for the PDHJ, Valerio Magno Ximenes, as he refused to allow them to stay in the office.

One of the residents said they were victims of maltreatment by the Government; therefore she called for the PDHJ to allow them to stay there while waiting for proper living conditions to be supplied by the Government.

Minister for Justice, Lucia Lobato said the Government would not compensate them, as compensation had already been made last year, yet they refused to move from the area.
Post a Comment

Featured Post

Volunteer or Donor Opportunity Proposed ETLJB Project East Timor Court Reports Database

BASIC OUTLINE OF JSMP EAST TIMOR COURT REPORTS PROJECT DRAFT 17 MAY 2017 (C) wwright2018 JUSTIFICATION One of the long-hel...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...