09 April 2012
Police have inquired 30 witnesses regarding Comoro Bridge case
Independente, January 10, 2012 language source: Tetun - The Timorese National Police (PNTL) have questioned 30 witnesses about last year's Comoro Bridge conflict, including some civilians, Deputy PNTL Commmander, Afonso de Jesus said.
Those witnesses directly saw the incident which left one man killed, some cars and other properties destroyed, he said. “We have done the process. We have investigated 30 witnesses and some PNTL members who were suspected of being directly involved in the case,” he said.
He affirmed that if his members were found guilty in the legal process, then they would be dismissed from the police force.
According to the state secretary for security, about 70 police officers are threatened to be sacked from the police because of their involvement in the martial arts conflict at the end of December last year.