The case is being processed in the Court of Appeal as Ms. Lobato made an appeal after the Dili district court decided to sentence her to five years in prison.
Speaking to journalists Deputy Parliamentary President Adriano Nacimento said the court should have processed the case as the people had been waiting for the final result, reported Suara Timor Lorosae today.
|Milisi Besi Merah Putih|
Mr. Nacimento confirmed that there were twoTimorese state officials facing legal charges namely; Lucia Lobato, the former Administrator of Dili District, Ruben Bras, and one civil society organisation director, Christopher Henry Samson.
Court tries 1999's ex-militia members - Diario Nacional reported today that the Dili district court on Wednesday (3/10) tried serious crime cases committed in 1999 involving a number of militia members in Ulmera in Liquisa District.
The militiamen who were believed to have committed serious crimes against humanity are Faustinho Filipe who was the village chief in 1999, Salvador de Jesus as Besi Merah Putih (BMP) militia commander and Miguel Soares as a member of BMP.
According to witnesses, these three militiamen were involved in killing Felis Bareto and Francisco Braz in Ulmera village in 1999.
See also Joint Statement from ANTI on case involving Besi Merah Putih Militia Member Valentim Lavio
Immigration Police should appear in the National Parliament - The Timorese National Police (PNTL) Immigration Unit should make a clarification in the National Parliament (PN) because members of Parliament considered PNTL's Immigration Unit not to have worked seriously to find foreigners who have abused tourist visas to work in Timor-Leste.
The matter is of concern to the National Parliament because many foreigners are believed to have engaged in using social visit visas to work in some companies in the country.
"We will hold an audience with Immigration Police about the case because it is their responsibility," PN member from FRETILIN bench, Florentina Smith said.