ETLJB 27 July 2013 - An Indonesian national has been killed and two Chinese citiznes seriously wounded in a violent attack on a shop in front of the Fretilin party's Central Committee office in Komoro on 7 July.
According to a report in Suara Timor Lorosae on 9 July 2013, the Deputy Commander of the East Timor National Police, Afonso de Jesus, said the police were chasing up an unknown group of
people who perpetrated the attack.
”The incident last Sunday night, leaving three foreigners victim; an Indonesian being killed and two Chinese seriously wounded
who are receiving medical treatment in the Guido
Valadares National Hospital (HNGV),” Afonso said in his Office on Monday 8 July.
On 10 July, Independente reported that the police had already identified the suspects who killed the Indonesian citizen. Independente reported that the Timorese National Police (PNTL) hads identified four suspects who were involved in killing an Indonesian citizen and wounding the two Chinese citizens in Merkadu Comoro.
PNTL Operational Commander, Armando Monteiro said that the investigation process was ongoing and that “sooner or later, we are going to capture the suspects to process them,” he said at PNTL head quarters in Caicoli in the capital, Dili, on 9 July. Source: STL 9 July 2013. Independente 10 July 2013 Edited by Warren L. Wright