14 July 2016
Meeting of the Council of Ministers of 14 June 2016
ETLJB Source: Government of East Timor DILI, JUNE 14TH, 2016 PRESS RELEASE Meeting of the Council of Ministers from June 14th, 2016
The Council of Ministers met this Tuesday, at the Government Palace in Dili, and approved:
1. Amendment of Government Resolution N. 10/2014, of April 9th, which creates the National Commission for the Implementation of Measures to Combat Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism After the Minister of Justice presented the first National Risk Assessment of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AML/TF), the Council of Ministers approved an amendment to the Government Resolution N. 10/2014, of April 9th.
The amendment aims to increase the operability of all responsible bodies. It was considered necessary to include other bodies dealing directly with cross-border activities and criminal phenomena. The Ministers of Justice, Finance, Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, and Interior, as well as the Public Prosecutor of the Republic, Governor of the Central Bank, Anticorruption Commissioner, President of the Civil Service Commission, PNTL Commissioner, National Director of the PCIC, Executive Director of the Financial Intelligence Unit, Executive Coordinator of SERVE, Director Generals of the Migration Services, Taxes, and Customs, are now all part of the National Commission for the Implementation of Measures to Combat Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (in Portuguese CNCBC).
2. National Strategic Plan to Combat Money Laundering/Financing of Terrorism The Council of Ministers approved the document setting out the National Strategic Plan to Combat ML/TF, submitted by the Minister of Justice, who presides over the National Commission for the Implementation of Measures to Combat Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism. This Plan stems from the risk assessment process on Timor-Leste, carried out in 2012 by the Asia Pacific Group firstname.lastname@example.org (+670) 33 310 608 (APG). The Plan intends to implement, sequentially, several measures which help to achieve the National Strategic Objectives 2016-2020, to reinforce the fight against money laundering and terrorism financing.
3. The Government Resolution that assigns the name to the Reference Hospital in the Municipality of Baucau After analysis during the meeting of the Council of Ministers of June 7th, 2016, the Council of Ministers assigned to the Regional Hospital of Baucau the name: the Regional Hospital Eduardo Ximenes, in homage to the Eduardo Ximenes, a nurse, political activist and martyr of the national liberation struggle.
4. Decree-law on the 1st Amendment to Decree-Law N. 7/2014, of April 12th, on the Statute of the Military of the Armed Forces This first amendment to the Decree-law approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers on July 16th, 2013 focuses on the renewal of the mandate of the Chief of Staff, which up to now was limited to two mandates. With this approval, provisionally and exceptionally, the mandate may be renewed for a third term.
5. Technical Agreement on "Smallholder cattle enterprise development in Timor-Leste" The Council of Ministers approved the technical agreement between the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (MAP) and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, related to the Memorandum of Understanding on technical cooperation signed with Australia in 2003. This five-year agreement aims to increase the incomes of cattle producers and market intermediaries in Timor-Leste. The University of Queensland (Australia), MAF, National University of Timor-Lorosa'e and the University of Mataram (Indonesia) are involved in this project.