22 October 2015
Meeting of the East Timor Council of Ministers of 20 October 2015
1. Decree-law that establishes the Organisational Structure of the Ministry of Education
The approved Organizational Structure maintains, in large part, the structure of the Ministry of Education, reinforcing the areas of curricular development, assessment of students and the area of planning, monitoring and evaluation.
The Government undertakes to strengthen the proper planning, institutional coordination, human
resources and educational infrastructures, as well as sound administrative and financial management of education and teaching institutions, in order to ensure that better services are rendered in the education sector.
2. Government Resolution that creates the National Park Kay Rala Xanana Gusmao
Situated in the protected zone of Mount Cablaque, Municipality of Ainaro, administrative post of Hatu Udo, suco of Leolima, the creation of the National Park presents itself as an essential instrument of appreciation of the Resistance and its tripartite structure. The objective is to preserve a symbolic location, fundamental for the collective memory of the fight for the liberation of the Timorese people and the sacrifices of the martyrs of the Motherland.
3. Government Resolution which approves the list of place names for the city of Dili
Considering the accelerated growth of the city of Dili, in terms of population and housing, the Government approves the list of place names for the avenues and streets of the capital of Timor-Leste. The toponomy constitutes an important element of the identification, guidance, communication and location of all buildings in the territory, contributing to optimize both the various service areas as well as make territorial planning more efficient.
The assignment of the approved toponomy will have its first implementation phase in six pilot sucos: suco of Colmera, suco of Motael, suco of Grincedor, suco of Vila Verde, suco of Akadiruhun and the suco of Bidau Lecidere.
4. Government Resolution approving the Protocol between the Portuguese Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Finance of Timor-Leste on the Integrated Programme of Partnership in Technical Assistance in the area of Public Finances and the respective annexes and addenda Following the need to intensify the technical cooperation in the area of Public Finances between Timor-Leste and Portugal and strengthen the national human resources, the Government approves the Protocol between the Ministries of Finance in both countries.
5. Resolution on support for the electoral registration process in the Democratic Republic of
Sao Tome and Principe Following the request for support from the National Election Commission and by the Government of the Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe, the Timorese Government approves acquisition of twenty IT equipment and respective software kits, to support the organization and implementation of the electoral registration process.
This request comes in the wake of the Cooperation Agreement signed between the two countries, on July 21st, 2014, assisting the consolidation of Peace and sustainable development of the Rule of Law.
Presidential elections are scheduled for the beginning of 2016.
6. Resolution on support for the referendum and electoral processes in the Central African
Republic The Timorese Government approved the granting of financial support for the referendum and electoral processes in the Central African Republic, demonstrating the commitment of Timor-Leste in consolidating the initiative of the g7+ for the promotion of resilience and development of fragile States. Presidential and parliamentary elections will take place during this month of October.
7. 2016 State General Budget Proposal
The Government approved the proposal of the 2016 State General Budget, which encompasses all the revenue and expenditure and covers the period between 1 January and 31 December 2016. The stated proposal will still be subject to the approval by the National Parliament.-ENDS-
at Thursday, October 22, 2015