Proudly supported by Wright Law & Justice

Featured Post

Kepolisian Indonesia menahan delapan dari kematian mahasiswa Timor Leste di Jogjakarta

Polisi Indonesia telah menangkap delapan orang yang dicurigai melakukan pembunuhan terhadap seorang pelajar Timor Leste, Joao Bosco di Pro...

05 December 2010

Police ban use and sale of fireworks as threat to security

Suara Timor Lorosae, December 1, 2010 language source: Tetun - Police Commissioner Longuinhos Monteiro said the PNTL would hold operations to stop the public using firewords between 01 December 2010 and January 1, 2011.

Monteiro said the PNTL would hold the anti-fireworks operations because the police had been instructed by the Ministry of Defence and Security to do so.

“The PNTL has undergone an orientation to conduct operations and socialisation in the communities and schools informing people not to ignite firworks becuase it posed a threat to security in the country,” Commissioner Monteiro said.

Commander Monteiro added that the PNTL will also hold operations against retailers and confiscate any fireworks for sale.

No comments: