Job - Asia Foundation Legal Legal Advisor The Asia FoundationNon-Profit, Non-Governmental, International Development OrganizationClosing date: 27 Nov 2009Location: Timor-Leste - Dili
The Legal Advisor will be primarily responsible for providing technical and coordination support for the Access to Justice Program's paralegal component with the goal to increase access to free quality legal aid services for Timor-Leste citizens, including vulnerable groups such as women, youth and rural populations.
As such the Legal Advisor will be responsible for assessing, reviewing and refining the curriculum, training materials, and pedagogy for educating paralegals; monitoring and evaluating paralegal program activities; coordinating an internship program for paralegals between university law faculties and legal aid organizations; coordinate. The Legal Advisor will be responsible for engaging paralegal professional networks in other countries in the region, particularly in countries where the Foundation has existing paralegal programs.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience, or the equivalent, in paralegal development and legal aid service provision in Asia with private, public, bi-lateral or multi-lateral development institutions and non-profit organizations.
- Proven track record in implementation of paralegal programs.
- Experience in report writing, management, budget control, strategic planning, and managing international donor-funded projects.
- Strong team building, field-oriented, pragmatic problem solver. Demonstrated management skills and experience with supervision; strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience; proven interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Knowledge of and professional experience in the justice sector in Timor-Leste.-
Language proficiency in Tetun, Portuguese and/or Bahasa Indonesia.- Background or technical proficiency in one or more of the following fields: law, public policy.- Masters degree or doctorate degree in a relevant field.
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V.
How to applyThe Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Please submit your application directly by visiting our website at www.asiafoundation.org/about/employment/ and selecting "Permanent Employment." We will only consider applicants who provide a cover letter including salary requirements along with their resume, limit their resumes to a maximum of three pages, and submit their application prior to the deadline. No phone calls, please.
Reference Code: RW_7XQUTP-19
Post a Comment