Post title: Senior Trainer for Political Parties
Project: Support to the Timorese Electoral Cycle
Duty Station: Dili
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Expected Start date: 1 November 2008
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Since the 2007 Parliamentary and Presidential elections UNDP has assisted the political parties by organizing over 65 trainings and thematic presentations in all the districts in Timor-Leste. The first phase of trainings was focused on message development and political campaign organization and implementation. The second phase assisted the parties in preparing knowledgeable party agents in all the districts and to improve their capacity to monitor and observe the parliamentary elections.
In the post-electoral period, based on requests from political parties in Timor-Leste, UNDP continued to support them by designing and conducting a training and capacity building program aimed at increasing the organizational capacity of the political parties, particularly in the districts.
UNDP Timor-Leste is seeking a Senior Trainer for Political Parties to work under the leadership of the CTA and Project Manager to organize and conduct training for political parties in areas such as: political parties - structure and functions; roles and responsibilities of the political parties in a democratic society; the role of the opposition in a democratic system; and women in politics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Trainer will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Work with CTA and Project Manager to design a work-plan for the next phase of the training program for the political parties represented in the 13 districts of Timor-Leste;
• Together with thee CTA and Project Manager create a result-based workplan focused on strengthening the institutional capacity of the political parties and their capacity to contest in fair and transparent democratic national and local elections;
• Prepare, organize and conduct training sessions and worksshops in each district, beginning in November 2008;
• In conssultation with the CTA and Project Manager, take a lead role in the development and selection of the training materials, leaflets, power-point presentations and video materials in preparation of the workshops;
• PPrepare and conduct an evaluation mechanism to measure the results and impact of the capacity building campaign conducted by UNDP;
• Basedd on results and impact information collected, design modifications to training program if necessary;
• Together with the management teamm, improve and develop the UNDP District Political Party Resource Centers;
• The Senior Trainer must be politically neutral at all times iin the design and conduct of the training program;
• Perform alll other duties necessary, as requested by the CTA and / or Project Manager.
QUALIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
1. High School degree and a university degree in Political Science, Law, Social Science or other relevant degree would be an asset;
2. At least five years experience in leading training activities (organization, development and implementation of trainings);
3. Very good inter-personal and communication skills;
4. Good computer skills (Word, Excel) and a willingness / aptitude to learn others such as Power Point;
5. Fluency in spoken and written Tetum, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesian is required. A good command of English language is also required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications together with curriculum vitae, P11, and relevant supporting documents to the following address:
UN House, Caicoli Street
Email: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications is 17 October 2008.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Post a Comment