Radio Timor-Leste, January 26, 2011 language source: Tetun - More than 60 families who were residing in the former Indonesian Brimob housing estate have evacuated to the office building of the Human Rights and Justice Ombudsman (PDHJ) after the police expelled them from their houses.
Some of them quarreled with the Director for the PDHJ, Valerio Magno Ximenes, as he refused to allow them to stay in the office.
One of the residents said they were victims of maltreatment by the Government; therefore she called for the PDHJ to allow them to stay there while waiting for proper living conditions to be supplied by the Government.
Minister for Justice, Lucia Lobato said the Government would not compensate them, as compensation had already been made last year, yet they refused to move from the area.
Polisi Indonesia telah menangkap delapan orang yang dicurigai melakukan pembunuhan terhadap seorang pelajar Timor Leste, Joao Bosco di Pro...