Warning: Not an official translation. The original Portuguese text is the authoritative text.
Considering that Law No. 28 of August 13, 2008, which instituted the judicial regime of public supply of essential goods and management of the negative effects of inflation, expressly foresees its complementary regulation;
Attending to the fact that the procedures concerning to intervention in the market distribution rules, namely in the settlement of prices and subsides, as well as to the period of intervention are crucial to the execution and transparency of the policy;
Aware that the practice of administrative fixating of prices in order to face an abnormal rise in prices of first necessity products, must be a transitory and last resource measure;
The Government decrees based on the decision of Law No. 28 of August 31, 2008, to serve as law, the following:
CHAPTER I SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES Article 1 Application Scope
1. The present Regulations are applied to the procedures to be observed in the intervention regimes in the public supply of essential goods, through the creation of security stocks and stabilization of prices with and without subsidized resources.
2. Due to the persistent circumstantial rise in prices of fuel and rice, specific mechanisms are established, including the resource of temporary price subsidy, with the intent of supplying the needs and the risks induced in the country’s supply.
Article 2 Objectives
1. Transitorily and occasionally guarantee the importation and supply of rice and alimentary oil, assuming the expenses inherent to the transportation, stocking and the gratuitous availability to the receivers beholders of the right, as well as safeguard the participation of the sector’s wholesalers, at subsidized prices.
2. Occasionally intervene in the sector of essential raw materials for civil construction and public works, specifically cement, tar, iron, etc., importing these goods directly and maintaining a security stock, making them available for the sector’s wholesalers, without profit but without subsidy.
3. Establish and manage a temporary subsidy, capable of guaranteeing a social price to the users of public transportation of passengers, in other words, the vans (microletes) and coaches (camionetas), tending to prevent an uncontrolled and distorted increase in the sector’s prices.
4. Exercise the oversight for possible interventions over prices and supply of essential alimentary goods in general, as well as over the essential goods for civil construction and public works.
Read the full decree law on East Timor Law Journal
Artwork by Arte Moris art school
Post a Comment