UNICEF Position Vacant Child Protection Specialist, Dili Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2009 Location: Timor-Leste - Dili
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. UNICEF seeks a Child Protection Specialist to be based in its Dili Office, Timor Leste.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Deputy Representative, P-4, and in close collaboration with relevant section programme heads, responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Child Protection Programme within the country programme.
- Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Community Development, International Relations, Education, Psychology or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- Five years progressively responsible professional work experience in child protection, social welfare, social development, community development and participation, youth development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, some at the international level.
- Current knowledge of the latest developments and technology in child protection, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
- Analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programmes, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills.
- Leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Fluency in English and another UN language as required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset, specifically, Tetum, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesia.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send a detailed curriculum vitae in English, AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at www.unicef.org/employ), quoting VN-09-390 to: recruit.CP@unicef.org. Applications should be received by 22 July 2009. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
UNICEF's salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common System; visit http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances for further information.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Quote VN-09-390 to: recruit.CP@unicef.org. Applications should be received by 22 July 2009. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted
Reference Code: RW_7TKRBA-52