The Data Specialist will hold responsibility for recording, managing and maintaining land claims data and preparing the data for subsequent land registration. The responsibilities of the Data Specialist, includes but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist with developing systems and procedures for managing and recording textual and spatial land claims data in a land rights claims database;
2. Assist with implementing data systems to support pilot tests, and assist with the assessment of the results and refinement of the systems if required;
3. Record land claims data received from the projects regional operations such that the data will be suitable for supporting a future title registration system;
4. Record reported data changes in the system databases to the to maintain the data in an up to date condition;
5. Assist with the design of, and prepare claimant lists and parcel maps needed by regional operations for public display of recorded claims;
6. Assist with training project personnel in activities associated with data collection, entry and processing, and data analysis;
7. Assist with preparing recorded land claims data for passing to the GOTL for land registration and titling, including preparing databases on claimants, cadastral index maps and records of unresolved disputes;
8. Maintain claims recording and land registration activity indicators;
9. Other activities as deemed appropriate by the Chief of Party.
To be considered, candidates must be Timor-Leste nationals with excellent verbal communication skills in Tetum and Indonesian, and be proficient in English. The position is until September 30 2012, based upon satisfactory performance.
Please submit your application letter and CV by email. In the subject line, refer to the job title of the position. Application and CV must be sent to DCabral@sprtl.tl or SSilva@sprtl.tl (+670 730 4330/+670 731 2498) and/or hand delivery to SPRTL Office in Balide by July 15 2009 at 18:00 pm. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Ita Nia Rai is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strengthening Property Rights in Timor-Leste
Av. Bispo Medeiros
Balide, Dili, Timor Leste