24 October 2017
President of the Republic Appoints Members of the Council of State
1. Faustino Godinho Gonçalves - Presidential decree no.73/2017
2. Laura Soares Abrantes - Presidential decree no.74/2017
3. Maria Dadi Soares Magno - Presidential decree no.75/2017
4. Oscar Lima - Presidential decree no.76/2017
5. Alcino de Araújo Baris - Presidential decree no.77/2017
The five members were designated for a period of five years, equal to the term of office of the Head of State.
According to the Constitution of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, article 86, n), and article 2 of Law no. 1/2005 of 9 September, it is incumbent upon the President of the Republic to appoint five members to the Council of State.End
at Tuesday, October 24, 2017
According to the peak law and justice civil society organisation in East Timor[1a] , the Judicial System Monitoring Program, the Courts ar...