Position: Adviser to the President of the Court of Appeal
Project: East Timor Justice Sector Support Facility
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Assignment Starts: Mid-April 2010
Applications Close: 22nd March 2010 22 March 2010
Duration: 12 months
Advertised By: GRM International Melbourne
East Timor Justice Sector Support Facility
Adviser to the President of the Court of Appeal
GRM is the Managing Contractor for the Australian Government assistance provided to East Timor (Timor-Leste) via the East Timor Justice Sector Support Facility (ETJSSF)
The Goal and Objectives of Australia’s broader program in East Timor are:
Goal: To contribute to stability and prosperity in East Timor by helping to provide equal and timely access to justice for all men, women and children.
Objectives: To build the capacity of the justice sector in East Timor.
The ETJSSF is responsible for implementing the Objective at the Facility component level. The Facility components are:
Component 1: Strengthening corporate management and administrative capacity within the core justice sector institutions, focusing on: building ‘back office’ functions specifically: planning, budgeting and monitoring; financial management and procurement; human resource management and development, general administration and IT, translation and information dissemination.
Component 2: Strengthening capacity of oversight institutions and of civil society to demand improved access to justice, focusing on: support to activities which provide support to vulnerable groups to access justice; protection of human rights by funding NGOs/Civil Society Groups who monitor the judicial system and provide legal aid services; and support to the Office of the Provedor and other initiatives which provide oversight to the government regarding issues such as anti-corruption, transparency and accountability.
Component 3: Management of Facility resources and monitoring of facility; alignment of Facility activities with Government of TL priorities set out by the National Development Plan, and Sector Investment Programs; and harmonisation with other donor activities, including the UNDP Justice System Program.
We are seeking an Adviser to the President of the Court of Appeal, Government of Timor-Leste.
Recruitment for the position will take place as follows:
* GRM will review written applications to determine compliance with mandatory criteria and completion of application documentation (including providing a bid for professional fees) and the Selection Panel will prepare a shortlist of candidates for interview with reference to the Terms of Reference (A. Terms of Reference) and the Selection Criteria (B. Selection Criteria);
* Interviews will be conducted by phone and the panel will include a representative of the Government of Timor Leste; and
* A decision will be made on the successful applicant following referee checks.
Instructions for Applicants
All applications are screened for compliance upon receipt. Only those applications that comply with all instructions and include a completed Application Cover Sheet (see below) will be forwarded to the staff responsible for technical evaluation.
For a detailed copy of the Terms of Reference, Selection Criteria and Application Cover Sheet, please click HERE.
Please contact Hilary Goode via email on: email@example.com or +61 3 8676 6820 or +670 774 4098 if you have any questions.
Please submit with your application:
* A covering letter of no more than 3 pages addressing your suitability for the position against criteria outlined below. The cover letter must demonstrate your understanding of the requirements of the position and address each of the Qualifications, Experience and Skills Criteria as well as Language/Interpreter requirements mentioned in the Terms of Reference;
* A completed application coversheet, available below at the last page of this document, including a price per month in $AUD – exclusive of standard allowances and reimbursable expenses (ie professional fees only). Standard allowances and reimbursable expenses are noted at C. Standard Allowances in the Terms of Reference below; and
* Your curriculum vitae.
Applications can be in English and should not contain any additional material. Applications via email are preferred.
A panel will assess applications on the basis of technical merit and value for money.
Applications that are assessed by the panel as being technically suitable for the assignment will receive a financial assessment. Final scores will be weighted as follows:
80% for technical score
20% for financial score
The final score is calculated as follows:
(Lowest Price / Applicant’s Price x 20) + (Lowest Score/Applicants Score x 80).
Note that only those applications from candidates who are able to fulfil all the requirements of the position will be assessed financially.
CVs of suitable applicants will be added to the GRM Consultant Database
Polisi Indonesia telah menangkap delapan orang yang dicurigai melakukan pembunuhan terhadap seorang pelajar Timor Leste, Joao Bosco di Pro...