The Asia Foundation Timor-Leste (an International NGO) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Paralegal Officer for the Access to Justice Program. Under the direction of the Paralegal Adviser, the Paralegal Officer will provide support to the Access to Justice Program’s paralegal component with the goal to increase access to free quality legal aid services for Timor-Leste citizens, including vulnerable groups such as women, youth and rural populations. The Paralegal Officer will facilitate training initiatives for paralegals and monitor paralegals operating in the field.
Key responsibilities and qualifications include:
Under supervision of the Paralegal Adviser, the Paralegal Officer will:
- Evaluate and monitor demand for paralegal legal aid services.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for paralegal development.
- Contribute to the development of annual plans and reports and achievement of objectives.
- Monitor and evaluation Paralegal Programs.
- Contribute to the development of high quality reports.
- Contribute to assessment of needs and areas for paralegals’ skills development; facilitate and support delivery of training for paralegals.
- Provide mentoring and support to legal aid organizations paralegals’ work in the field.
- Coordinate student paralegal placement program/clinical training program.
- Assist with arrangement of faculty exchange within paralegal programs between law faculties in Timor-Leste and in the region.
- Comply with USAID and TAF grant regulation and procedures and undertake other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated work experience in paralegal programs
Demonstrated work experience in design and implementation of international development programs
Demonstrated work experience in design and monitoring of program budgets
Professional experience with an international NGO preferred
Knowledge of and experience with RDTL government ministries and agencies, and NGOs Understanding of USAID and/or other international or government funding agencies
Demonstrated commitment to Timor-Leste’s development
University Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Indonesian and Tetun; Portuguese preferred.
Strong written and oral analytical skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Demonstrated organizational abilities
One year contract with one month probation, and with possible extension, commencing as soon as possible.
Applications: For a full position description please contact Joaquina da Fonseca on +670 3313457 or by email email@example.com. Please send cover letter and CV by COB 10 March 2010 to The Asia Foundation, No. 20 Rua de Nu Laran Bairo dos Grillos, Dili, Timor-Leste. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged and contacted.
The job is open for Timorese nationals and Permanent Residents only.
Polisi Indonesia telah menangkap delapan orang yang dicurigai melakukan pembunuhan terhadap seorang pelajar Timor Leste, Joao Bosco di Pro...