Education Development Center Inc. (EDC), a US-based, non-profit education research and development organization, is implementing the USAID Prepara Ami ba Servisu (PAS) program in Timor Leste. This program provides young, minimally-educated rural men and women with a workforce preparation program that combines off-the-job instruction with on-the-job training.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and qualified person for the following positions:
1) Monitoring and Evaluation Associate or Specialist
- Develops and implements M & E training for project staff, partners, and participants.
- Manages and coordinates M & E activities between the main office and the districts, and between EDC and its partners.
- Plans and supervises data collection activities.
- Prepares M&E reports and briefings targeted to a number of audiences.
- Reviews and refines data collection techniques and instruments as necessary.
- Oversees data management.
- Fosters and models collegiality among staff creating an overall atmosphere of productivity, innovation and teamwork
2) Regional Program Manager
The RPM is a senior position whose primary objective is to oversee District Coordinators and help manages relationship with the NGO partners in providing consistent, relevant and high quality learning opportunities to youth participants.
The RPM will have a familiarity with government policies pertaining to youth, including priority sectors of income generation/employment, sports, agriculture and infrastructure projects.
For both positions candidates must be Timorese citizens, must have at least a secondary school diploma, university degree preferred, and previous work experience in related area. Candidates must have a working knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking) and must speak Tetun and/or Bahasa Indonesian.
All applicants should submit a CV highlighting relevant work experience, education, language capacity (these combined will determine whether or not the candidate is an associate or a specialist candidate) and three references with phone numbers and/or email addresses included. Only applications meeting these basic requirements will be reviewed and only successfully short-listed applicants will be contacted. Excellent package awaits successful candidates. All applications are due by September 18, 2009 and should be sent to PAS@edc.org.